Over $7.8 Million Raised on GoFundMe to Support the Standing Rock Protests in North Dakota
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. | December 12, 2016 -- Over the past eight months, more than $7.8 million has been raised by more than 1,200 GoFundMes to support the Standing Rock protests of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Donations have poured in from all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, and 95 countries around the globe.
Top 3 Standing Rock Campaigns
- The largest of the over 1,200 campaigns for the protests in North Dakota, this campaign has been providing support to Standing Rock protesters since April of 2016.
- Nearly $3 million raised by close to 60,000 donors from all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, and 95 countries
- 2nd largest GoFundMe ever
- Started by Wesley Clark, Jr., along with other military veterans, this GoFundMe has raised money to mobilize a peaceful protest at Standing Rock in December.
- $1.1 million raised by nearly 26,000 donors from all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, and 76 countries
- A water protector originally from New York, Sophia Wilansky was severely injured while in North Dakota.
- Over $430,000 raised by nearly 15,000 donors from all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, and 74 countries
Launched in 2010, GoFundMe is the world’s largest social fundraising platform, with over $3 billion raised so far. With a community of more than 25 million donors, GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives.
Contact: Kate Cichy | email@example.com | 701.426.3047